I am pretty much finished with final copy of the paper. I would like to meet to do a final edit today.
The tests for this class are publisher tests so I have been doing the exercises online and recording the definitions for our cheat sheet
Ch 4 Vocab
- Sustainability – the potential for long term well being of the natural environment
- Cause related marketing- the practice of linking products to a particular social cause on an ongoing or short term basis
- Codes of conduct-formalized rules and standards that describe what an employee expects of its employees
- Social responsibility– an organizations obligation to maximize its positive impact and minimize its negative impact on society.
- Ethics officer- responsible for creating, distributing and enforcing an organizations code of conduct.
- Organizational culture- a set of values, beliefs, goals, norms, and rituals that members of a society share
- Marketing ethics- principles and standards that define acceptable marketing conduct as determined by various stakeholders
- Green marketing- the specific development, pricing, promotion, and distribution of products that do not harm the natural environment.
- Marketing citizenship- the adoption of a strategic focus for fulfilling the economic, legal, ethical, and philanthropic social responsibilities expected by stakeholders.
- Ethical issue– an identifiable problem situation, or opportunity, requiring a choice among several actions that must be evaluated as right or wrong.